2016 Audi Q8

Audi has planned to launch four coupe-like-crossovers by 2017. The most awaiting and attractive of them all would be the 2016 Audi Q8. As a base, this vehicle is being believed to be built on Q7’s structure. The new Q8 would be a modified version of the present Q7, but with a coupe inspired styling, which would be soon seen in the new Q6 crossover. With this model hitting their production line, Q8 would be the top crossover offered by Audi.

2016 Audi Q8 front

This model is being carved out to compete with BMW X6 and Mercedes Benz MLC. So, it is apparently going to be one of the finest crossovers from Audi. Infact, Audi has been running some tests lately to make sure the Q8 attains such heights where it could stay unbeatable for a longer period of time.

Although this new vehicle is to be built on 2016 Audi Q8’s structure, it is going to have a bigger and comfortable interior with bigger leg space and an aggressive look. Without any more delay, let’s move towards the car’s specs to linger car-lovers’ taste for high-end cars.

2016 AUDI Q8: EXTERIOR

The most welcoming specification of its exterior would be an all new outdoor focused appeal. The body of this beast would be carved out metal (60%) and carbon fibre and aluminium, constituting to the rest 40 %. This will make the car light weight and provide agility for better performance. New grilles along with new front and rear bumpers are most likely to be seen. New-age LED headlights and taillights could also be seen featured in this new crossover.

However, unfortunately much detail about its specifications is still not out in the market. But, this cannot stop speculations among car lovers to develop. 2016 Audi Q8 has been seen on the tracks of Germany undergoing road tests. A highly camouflaged exterior prevented the specs from being leaked.

2016 AUDI Q8: INTERIOR

The interior of 2016 Audi Q8 is being believed to be larger than Q7. So, it will provide more comfort and space. Again, according to rumours, the upholstery would be crafted out of premium materials to provide maximum luxury and comfort. Latest and upgraded technological assistance would be provided in the car, as per speculations. Navigation system would come in-built with the car to show the roads to its riders, on an unplanned trip whenever they want. However, car lovers would have to cling onto time till Audi officially declares the actual specs of 2016 Audi Q8.

2016 Audi Q8 interior

2016 AUDI Q8: ENGINE AND PLATFORM

Reportedly, the new 2016 Audi Q8 would be built on Volkswagen’s MLB platform. There are a few options of engines that are fighting among themselves to power this beast from under the hood. The options could be:

  1. Supercharged 3.0 litre V6 ICE engine.
  2. 3.0 litre V6 turbo diesel engine
  3. 4.0 litre turbocharged V8 gasoline engine
  4. A new 2.0 litre four-cylinder hybrid plug-in engine, with a V6 gasoline engine.

The power of the engine would be transmitted to the ground through a ZF eight-speed automatics transmission or by Audi’s seven-speed dual-clutch transmission.

2016 Audi Q8 side

2016 Audi Q8: Release Date and Price

The all new 2016 Audi Q8 is speculated to be priced well over $50,000 and is supposed to hit the market for sale by the end of 2016.

Be Sociable, Share!

Reply